AQUA FRESH ENGINEERING সদস্য এর মাধ্যমে বিক্রির জন্য 7 সেপ্ট 1:34 পিএমউত্তরা, ঢাকা
1. EFFULENT TREATMENT PLANT A Presentation By- Nishith Shekhar Tripathi
2. NEED OF ETP Water is basic necessity of life used for many purposes one of which is industrial use. Industries generally take water from rivers or lakes but they have to pay heavy taxes for that. So its necessary for them to recycle that to reduce cost and also conserve it. Considering these criteria an Effluent Treatment Plant is also being established in Rourkela Steel Plant. Main function of this ETP is to clean GCP effluent and recycle it for further use.
3. DESIGN PARAMETERS Slurry Feed Characteristics Type of Slurry Gas Cleaning Plant of Blast Furnace. Flow Rate 1140 m3/hr Suspended Matter 6000 ppm(Av of 4000-8000) pH 4.5 – 6.5 Temperature 60-70oC. Analysis of suspended solids a.) Fe2O3……………….71.42% b.) SiO2…………………5% c.)Al2O3………………..0 .4% d.) CaO………………… 6% Approx. particle size distribution e.) MgO………………….3.2% f.) P………………………0.016% < 10 micron: 30% g.) S………………………0.483% 10 to 40 micron: 35% 40 to 60 micron: 15% >60 micron: 20%
4. PROCESS DESCRIPTION
5. INLET LAUNDER The purpose of launder is to flow the effluent of gas scrubber to distribution chamber Inlet channel is designed for a surge flow of 1950m3/hr @ slope of 2% so water flows at 1.5m/s(self cleaning velocity). Self cleaning velocity is that velocity at which if the sludge flows it will not get accumulated in the launder.
6. DISTRIBUTION CHAMBER Purpose of distribution chamber is to divide the flow (design flow of 1140m3/hr) into two equal flows. In case if one of the thickener is closed then there would be no distribution so selection of pipes is done on this criteria. The size of gates is designed such that there is equal distribution always.
7. FLASH MIXER There are two flash mixers designed for a flow of 1140m3/hr with a retention time of 60 sec. So its volume must lie around 19m3 . In flash mixer alum (coagulant) acts upon sludge so that suspended solids settle down. In addition pH of sludge is also raised by lime as it is required to have a pH of 7-9. Polyelctrolytes (flocculants) also act upon to fasten the process of coagulation.
8. CHEMICAL ACTION OF ALUM AND LIME Al2 (SO4)3.12H 2 O 2Al3+ + 3SO42- + 12H2O SO42-+H2O HSO4-+ OH- (Cause pH change) Ca (OH) 2 Ca2+ + 2OH- (Cause pH change) The basic water causes Al(OH) 3 to precipitate bringing small particles with them and then making water clear. Fe2O3 is removed mainly by coagulation. The polyelectrolytes make big lumps of the coagulated particles so they settle down.
9. CLARIFIER The clarifier separates the treated slurry from clean water. The sludge settles down and clean water at the top flows down to the cooling tower from where it is cooled and recycled. According to PG the SS content in this water must not be greater than 100 ppm. The clarifier has a racker arm which extracts the sludge out of clarifier. In case if sludge height goes higher than the racker arm then it will automatically lift up and then settle down taking sludge with it. From here sludge is pumped to sludge tank.
10. A GENERAL STRUCTURE OF CLARIFIER
11. Sludge tank In the sludge tank the sludge is continuously agitated in order to prevent settlement of sludge. Each tank has capacity of 224m3 and can hold for 8 hrs. Main purpose of the tank is to hold sludge for transfer to filter press. From sludge tank the sludge is pumped to filter press by filter press feed pump.
12. Filter press Sludge from the sludge tank will be pumped to the Filter Press equipments for dewatering purpose. According to performance guarantee the cake moisture should not be more than 20%. For this purpose different types of filters are used namely- gravity setters, gravity belt filters, centrifuges, vacuum or pressure belt filters and filter press. But among these filter press is most efficient and economical. Other filtration systems offer high pressure filtration, but only the filter press has both high pressure capability and efficient filter cake removal. The filter elements are constructed of lightweight polypropylene. They are extremely corrosion resistant and virtually eliminate plate breakage.
13. RECESSED PLATE FILTER PRESS
14. WORKING Dewatering is accomplished by pumping a slurry or sludge into chambers (A) surrounded by filter membranes (B). As pumping pressure is increased the filtrate is forced through the accumulated filter cake (C) and membrane until the chamber is full of solid filter cake. The chambers are formed by two recessed plates held together under hydraulic pressure. The hydraulic ram (D) moves the follower (E) against the stack of filter plates (F) closing the press. The ram continues to apply sealing pressure of sufficient force to counteract the high internal compaction pressures.
15. The head stock (G) and tail stock (H) are held in place by specially engineered side rail support bars.
16. THANK YOU
Quality, Service & Purity