Posted by GO! Fetch MEMBER19 Sep 12:40 pmBanani, Dhaka
The Manager of Finance and Administration will oversee all aspects of finance, accounting, reporting activities, and administration. S/he will be tasked with creating long-term financial structures and developing and implementing the appropriate accounting and financial control systems to ensure financial sustainability of the organization. This position is ideal for someone who is looking for an opportunity to take on a critical leadership role in a dynamic, evolving and fast-paced organization. The Manager will lead all day-to-day finance and administration operations, with potential growth of the team, including functional responsibility over accounting, financial management, budget development, forecasting and monitoring, outside audit and federal financial reports, foreign and domestic taxes, domestic payrolls, and financial policies and procedures. The Manager will ensure that GObd has the systems and procedures in place to support rapid growth and conduct flawless audits. S/he will work closely with senior leadership members and their teams on planning and analysis and to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures.
Finance Planning and Analysis
• Develop and monitor budgets and forecasts. Facilitate GObd’s leadership in an annual budgeting and mid-year reforecast process; administer and review all financial plans on a monthly basis and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
• Develop short-, medium-, and long-term financial plans and projections.
• Partner with the executive team to address all operational and strategic issues as they arise; provide strategic recommendations to the executive team based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis.
• Represent the organization to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, auditors, etc.
• Oversee the preparation and approval of all financial reporting materials and metrics for funders, the Board of Directors, and key external constituents; prepare and communicate monthly and annual financial statements for internal and external use.
Financial and Accounting Management
• Manage cash flow and forecasting; direct all financial, project-based, and departmental accounting.
• Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate standards and regulatory requirements.
• Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and budgets and actual expenditures. Help ensure maintenance of fiscal policies and procedures.
• Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of GObd’s financial status.
• Oversee all financial, project/program, and vendor accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with budgets throughout the budget period; collate financial reporting materials for international and domestic governmental agencies, corporate, and foundation grants.
• Oversee all audit activities.
• Oversee proper filing of tax returns in Bangladesh
• Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions
• Bachelor’s degree from reputable Bangladeshi or international university.
• CFA/CPA and/or MBA
• 3-6 years of finance-related experience.
• Excellent people and communication skills, especially in discussing financial topics internally with a variety of staff and externally with key stakeholders
• Strong forecasting skills; experience in modeling and forecasting complex operating models.
• High level proficiency in Excel. Advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
• Desire and ability to effectively operate independently and as part of a team in a high‐intensity, high‐uncertainty start‐up environment, with a results-oriented culture.
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Bangla.
• Two professional references.
Monthly salary is competitive and depends on qualifications as well as prior experience.
As per company policy
Apply as soon as possible.
Watch out for: