Established in 2012, Bikroy is the largest marketplace of Bangladesh. Our mission is to serve the underserved markets and to create sustainable value for the community in the process. We are 200+ employees with 6 offices in the major cities of Bangladesh, that continuously are working in the spirit of facilitating trading, entrepreneurship, innovation, and an unwavering focus on meeting the needs of the community. The most prominent categories of our portfolio are: Mobiles, Electronics, Vehicles, Property, and Jobs. You can also find home & living items, pets & animals, hobbies, sports and kids items, fashion, health and beauty items, education, services, business & industry products and food & agriculture products on the site.
Bikroy is a subsidiary of Saltside Technologies (saltside.se) which also runs the largest marketplace in Sri Lanka (ikman.lk) and Ghana (Tonaton). We are backed by 3 investors: Kinnevik, Hillhouse Capital and Brummer & Partners.
At Bikroy, we aspire to grow as a company along with our talent. We are committed to offer career development opportunities and benefits within the framework of a diverse work environment. We encourage creativity and provide the environment to achieve great things at work. Bikroy is of the few organizations of Bangladesh, which is actively working towards ensuring increased female participation in the workplace and the result is quite encouraging.
We thrive to work with smart and passionate people who can deliver great results. Join us and you will find plenty of opportunities, freedom, and a large dose of adventure.
Job purpose: Ensure that the company's accounts is compliant to company's accounting policies.
Key responsibilities and duties:
• Maintaining accounting and accounting control procedure.
• All Sales voucher preparation, posting to software and take approval from management.
• Maintain Cash book, Bank book, Subsidiary Ledger of bills receivable.
• Bank Reconciliation.
• Reporting of work progress to Manager (Finance)/ Management.
• Monitor all types of cash disbursement and responsible, accountable for any discrepancy in this regards.
• Ensure that the closing balance is properly matched and scrutinized with actual expenses.
• Monthly specific TDS and VDS calculation and Treasury challan preparation.
• Ensure internal control in place in Finance.
• Maintain liaison with internal departments to ensure fantastic administrative support.
• Support management in other assigned jobs.
• Experience: 1- 2 years of relevant work experience
• Education: BBA/ MBA, Major in Finance/Accounts from reputed educational institution.
• Must have good analytical skill
• Proficiency with Excel, work and powerpoint
• Target driven and self motivated
PF, Gratuity, Group Hospitalization & life insurance, Festival Bonus, Performance Bonus.