Established in 2012, Bikroy is the largest marketplace of Bangladesh. Our mission is to serve the underserved markets and to create sustainable value for the community in the process. We are 200+ employees with 6 offices in the major cities of Bangladesh, that continuously are working in the spirit of facilitating trading, entrepreneurship, innovation, and an unwavering focus on meeting the needs of the community. The most prominent categories of our portfolio are: Mobiles, Electronics, Vehicles, Property, and Jobs. You can also find home & living items, pets & animals, hobbies, sports and kids items, fashion, health and beauty items, education, services, business & industry products and food & agriculture products on the site.
Bikroy is a subsidiary of Saltside Technologies (saltside.se). Saltside's mission is to "build online marketplaces in under-served markets, creating sustainable value for the community". This means we develop software that helps people buy and sell online, in countries a bit off the beaten track. We strive to deliver real value not only to our users and investors but also our team members who are our most valuable asset.
We are currently the market leader across multiple classified verticals in three frontier countries: Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Ghana. The company was founded in 2011, and we are 600 employees across the group, with product development based in India. Our investors include Kinnevik and Hillhouse Capital.
At Bikroy, we aspire to grow as a company along with our talent. We are committed to offer career development opportunities and benefits within the framework of a diverse work environment. We encourage creativity and provide the environment to achieve great things at work. Bikroy is of the few organizations of Bangladesh, which is actively working towards ensuring increased female participation in the workplace and the result is quite encouraging.
Job purpose: To help evaluate the options for IPO for the organization
- Research & collect information related to IPO listing procedure in Bangladesh
- Evaluate the options we have for a public listing,
- The person(s) who run the project would report to group CEO and founder, who works from Sweden and Bangladesh.
- The deliverable would be a detailed report or PPT-presentation.
Group website: http://saltside.se
- Education: Graduate/BBA/MBA on accounting/ Probable Intern; Students from NSU/ DU/ IBA will get preference.
- Good understanding of IPO (Initial Public Offering) Process
- Able to do extensive market research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, MS PowerPoint & MS Excel)
- Fully proficient in English and Bangla
- Female applicants are encouraged to apply
Internship Period: May, 2019- July, 2019 (3 months)
Other Benefits: No other benefits