Established in 2012, Bikroy is the largest marketplace of Bangladesh. Our mission is to serve the underserved markets and to create sustainable value for the community in the process. We are 200+ employees with 6 offices in the major cities of Bangladesh, that continuously are working in the spirit of facilitating trading, entrepreneurship, innovation, and an unwavering focus on meeting the needs of the community. The most prominent categories of our portfolio are: Mobiles, Electronics, Vehicles, Property, and Jobs. You can also find home & living items, pets & animals, hobbies, sports and kids items, fashion, health and beauty items, education, services, business & industry products and food & agriculture products on the site.
Bikroy is a subsidiary of Saltside Technologies (saltside.se) which also runs the largest marketplace in Sri Lanka (ikman.lk) and Ghana (Tonaton). We are backed by 3 investors: Kinnevik, Hillhouse Capital and Brummer & Partners.
At Bikroy, we aspire to grow as a company along with our talent. We are committed to offer career development opportunities and benefits within the framework of a diverse work environment. We encourage creativity and provide the environment to achieve great things at work. Bikroy is one of the few organizations of Bangladesh, which is actively working towards ensuring increased female participation in the workplace and the result is quite encouraging.
We thrive to work with smart and passionate people who can deliver great results. Join us and you will find plenty of opportunities, freedom, and a large dose of adventure.
The candidate will be the customers’ advocate within the software teams. The candidate will get the opportunity to work with different markets in Saltside. S/he should have industry-leading technical abilities that enable him/her to ensure that features/projects developed at Saltside are of the highest quality, meet all target requirements, and produce a superior customer experience.
S/he will also work closely with the product team, markets, and development teams and own all/part of the configurations on our platform. For these changes s/he will be working with technologies like Ruby and Go and for the testing part s/he will be working with Java platform. These configurations say for example brands & models, product pricings, etc. are subject to frequent changes which require quick turnaround with desired attention to detail.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Conducts in-sprint test design, test planning, test automation development, and test execution.
- Own and drive the configurational changes needed as per product and market requirements.
- Works closely with Scrum team members to clarify requirements, ensure testability and automate ability, to provide feedback on design (functional and technical).
- Contributes to impact assessments from feature enhancements on system-level interactions, and existing automated test suites.
- Conducts manual testing and uses Exploratory Testing to uncover weaknesses in their test approaches.
- Identifies opportunities for reuse so as to design and implement test automation libraries.
Graduation in CSE from reputed university
Required skills & experience:
- 2 - 4 years of relevant experience
- Experience in Manual testing of both Web & Mobile applications is required.
- Candidates should have debugging experience and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Self-directed and able to run a test effort from start to finish on their own, report status, and drive solutions, possibly having the analysts and developers assist in testing and providing oversight, monitoring, and assignment of test tasks to them.
- Great attention to details.
Will be added advantage if candidate has -
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming.
- Exposure to test automation tools like Selenium/Appium.
- Good knowledge of programming languages (for example Java, Python, Go, Ruby or similar).
- Exposure to versioning tools like SVN, Git (preferably).
- Exposure to the microservices architecture.
Provident Fund, Earned Leave Encashment, Gratuity, Group Hospitalization & life insurance, Festival Bonus, Performance Bonus.